SonShine

I love the girls who lift their voice 
In joyful song with me ~
To praise and lift the name of God ~
The coming King of Kings;
I know the content of their hearts, 
I know the way they feel ~
I know the sacrifice they make 
Because thir worship’s real.

Each song that’s sung brings blessing,
Each is furnished from above;
Each one delivered from their hearts 
With responsive, caring love;
Each one, we pray, will enter
Some heart that needs those words,
Or do a wondrous, healing work
In a soul that’s never heard.

I pray, Lord, bless them always ~
And keep them in Your fold;
Let their hair turn silver in Your service,
But never make them “old” ~
Just young at heart and willing,
As they are here today,
To sing Your song, to bless some soul
Through the last miles of the way!

I know full well, the day will come
When we will say good bye...
And one of us will take our flight
Up yonder to the sky.....
With all my heart, I clutch my faith
And hold ~ I know it’s true!
Eternity will re-unite
Three girls who sang...for You!

© 2007 by Joan Clifton Costner