Lord of Love

Your ever searching eyes 
are always on me ~ I know ~ 
I trust You even when the road is dim ~
I know You see and hear
the din around me ~
You strengthen ~ or I'd 
never stand again....

Are You watching me to
See my quick reaction?
Are You watching arrows
Flying at my soul?
Do You notice all the 
Enemies around me?
Do You think me coward ~
Wanting to go Home?

Hold me close, for I'm
Weary of the battle ~
And I know the War's a 
Long way from being won ~
I want to be a good and 
Faithful soldier; 
I'd like to stay until this
Thing is done.

Keep on watching me
Sweet Jesus;
For Your look is 
Kind and good;
And I know You'll 
Help me hold up
Like a gallant soldier would.

If I'm left a little longer ~
If some prize yet, I may win;
I'll be happy when I make it
Home again...
And I'll bring my simple jewels
Bring them all to You for Love...
And I'll rest with You 
In perfect peace...
Forevermore above.

©Joan Clifton Costner